- Cannabis Sector Web Seminar - December 11, 2019
December 11, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- (12pm Central | 11am Mountain | 10am Pacific)
- All session times shown above are in Eastern Time Zone (all other time zones are shown in brackets)
- Each Session is 1 hour long and are WEB BASED only
Cannabis Sector Web Seminar Series – For Listed Companies and Those Planning To Go Public
Being under the investor microscope is uncomfortable.
Learn in one hour about practical governance issues associated with enhancing disclosure controls and procedures (DC&P) and senior officer financial certifications to support your activities to meet compliance requirements.
The speakers have provided thousands of companies in North America and Emerging Markets with practical methods and techniques to bulletproof controls and disclosures.
They are leading experts in support of the defense of Directors and Senior Officers and have also provided expert witness services.
Directors and Senior Officers (CEO, CFO, In-House Legal Counsel) of Cannabis-related Sector firms listed, or interested on being listed, on Canadian (TSX, TSXV, CSE) and U.S. Stock Exchanges (NYSE, NASDAQ, OTC)
- The Question – Can Your Company Withstand a Challenge to Its Disclosures and Certifications?
- Risk Management Considerations – Emerging Markets and the Cannabis Sector – What They Have in Common
- Board Governance Issues in Today’s Environment
- Senior Officers and Leadership’s “Tone-at-the-Top”
- Disclosure and Certification Requirements – Differences between exchange listing types (for example, TSX versus CSE) requirements but still require diligence at all levels
- When Disclosures Get Challenged – Examples of areas of exposure and evidence that might be requested including:
- Board governance activities including Risk Management and M&A support.
- Audit committee review and financial oversight
- Financial and internal controls and practices
- Formal policies and procedures in relevant areas
- Disclosure policies, controls and procedural documentation
- Procurement and third-party agreements
- Reliance on external experts
- Related party documentation and review
- Review of impairment considerations
- Five tough questions for Board Members and Senior Officers and examples of “Red Flags”
- Q&A Session
- 1 hour of expert presentation
- Continuing Professional Development certificate for your participation
The web presentation is $245 CDN plus applicable taxes. Payment by credit card will be taken at the time of registration on-line. Course certificates for CPD 1 hour of credit will only be provided based on seminar attendance.
Cancellation Policy: A Registered Attendee can cancel their Registration with no less than 48 hours notice and receive 100% refund for all cancellations under taken formally via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Payment details will need to sent along with the Cancellation request.