- January 26, 2016
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
All session times shown above are in Eastern Time Zone
(N. America – 11am Eastern | 10am Central | 9am Mountain | 8am Pacific, U.K. – 4pm)
Session are 1.5 hrs long and are WEB BASED only
Global – Board Members, CEO, CFO, Controllers, Internal Audit
- What is COSO 2013 and Why Should Board Members and Senior Officers Care
- Important Areas and Benefits in Terms of Risk Management, Identification of Fraud, Alignment of Objectives and Responsibilities
- Board Responsibilities and Enhanced Corporate Governance including:
- “Tone-At-The-Top” Activities including Ethics, Integrity
- Enterprise Risk Management – Identification and Oversight
- Cybersecurity and Third-Party Relationships
- COSO 2013 Impact on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) and National Instrument 52-109 Certification of Disclosure in Issuers’ Annual and Interim Filings
- Changes and Impacts
- Examples of Financial and Operational Processes Using the COSO 2013 Internal Controls Framework
- Implementation Considerations
- Conduct a Gap Analysis – Proactive versus Reactive
- Timelines for Effective Implementation Prior to Year-End Reporting
- What Board Members Should Be Asking Themselves and Management
- Four Tough Questions and Examples of “Red” Flags
Catherine is a well-known technology and governance and compliance sector entrepreneur having founded several businesses in the United States, Canada and West Africa. As President of Issues Central, Inc. she has provided executive briefings, seminars and workshop to over fifteen hundred organizations around the world on Sarbanes-Oxley and NI 52-109 CEO/CFO Certification and financial compliance as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
She is an expert in internal controls and forensic auditing and has been involved in a variety of litigation cases associated with director and officer activities of listed entities. Ms. Connally had designed, developed and deployed many software applications to assist productivity in internal controls management and IFRS conversion worldwide.
Catherine is a co-author and primary architect of industry leading financial transition and compliance products including CFO PARTNER for NI 52-109/SOX 404 compliance and IFRS PARTNER for Financial Reporting.
Charley has founded consulting and software development/distribution businesses in the financial compliance and governance markets. Early in his career he was the lead developer/author of a line of software-based implementation and guidance tools to ease the implementation of financial, manufacturing and distribution systems.
Since 2005 at Issues Central, Inc. he has led the company’s marketing and sales activities and strategic relationships. He has worked extensively with target markets in the United States, Canada and Africa to research and deploy board governance, financial compliance, risk management and financial transition/reporting services and solutions. Customers served include over fifteen hundred clients in twenty-one countries in industries including financial services, oil& gas, mining, technology, manufacturing and distribution, engineering, services, pension funds and government agencies.
CEO/CFO Certifications Video:
Is Your TSX Listed Company Ready for Annual CEO/CFO Certifications with the New COSO 2013 Requirements?
BrochureTo review the PDF Brochure on the “The NEW COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework and the Impact on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) and NI 52-109 CEO/CFO Certification Compliance”
Each session is $145 CDN per person exclusive of applicable Canadian taxes. Presentation materials will be provided 24 hours prior to each session. Course certificates will only be provided based on seminar attendance. Registration and payment can be done on-line. Cancellation Policy: A Registered Attendee can cancel their Registration with no less than 48 hours notice and receive 100% refund for all cancellations under taken formally via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Payment details will need to sent along with the Cancellation request.