- COSO 2013 Workshop Webcast - SEPT 24 (9AM-4PM EST)
September 24, 2015
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- COSO 2013 Workshop Webcast - SEPT 29 (9AM-4PM PST)
September 29, 2015
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- COSO 2013 Workshop Webcast - OCT 1 (9AM-4PM MST)
October 1, 2015
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For TSX Listed Companies:
COSO 2013 and National Instrument 52-109
Are you ready for year end?
“69% of the TSX as of August 2015 is declaring the expired COSO Framework. This leaves certifying officers and board members exposed.”
CEO/CFO Quarterly and Annual Certifications (NI 52-109) require the declaration an internal controls Framework. The old COSO Framework expired December 2014.
The new COSO 2013 Framework is:
- 80% larger with more guidance
- 150-200% more work for changes in design and implementation
- More comprehensive with requirements to prove that COSO Components, 17 Principles are “Present and Functioning”
Companies would not use an expired accounting standard. CEO/CFO Certifications are part of the financial statement declaration process. Continuing to use the expired COSO Framework may expose senior officers and board members to risk.
Added COSO 2013 guidance that increase work load include requirements for:
- Key Objective setting at the highest levels of the next steps on COSO 2013 compliance
- Robust risk assessment/management exercise with details of high, medium and low risks along with risk appetites tailored to the company
- Redesign of key controls to incorporate the new COSO 2013 Seventeen Principles as well as assure that all COSO Components are “Present and Functioning”:
- Entity-Level Controls
- Process Controls
- IT Controls
- Disclosure Controls
- Addition of new monitoring activities
- Redesign of Testing Regimes to incorporate COSO 2013 requirements
Our Applied Workshop for Adoption & Implementation of COSO 2013 for TSX Listed Companies
- No matter where you are in the world, you can attend this online hands-on applied workshop.
- All you need is a computer, an internet connection and Microsoft Office and you can attend this session.
- This is unique and innovating and is only delivered by Issues Central Inc. a world leader in corporate governance and financial compliance.
Online COSO 2013 Design & Implementation Workshop Agenda: (7 hours including breaks)
|Overview of COSO 2013 Requirements||Detailed instruction on COSO 2013 differences and requirements.|
|Hands-on Lesson on Objective Setting||Utilize templates provided to complete draft for company objectives setting stage for risk assessment.|
|Hands-on Lesson on Risk Assessment||Complete draft of risk assessment templates to set risk levels, responses and summarize risk appetite &identify high risk areas.|
|Lecture: Overview of required changes to convert to COSO 2013||Drilling into details of work to convert COSO 1992 documentation and processes to COSO 2013 requirements. Best practice templates will be used in the lecture and demonstration.|
|Hands-on work with for COSO 2013: Entity-Level Controls||Update entity level controls required documentation using our best practice templates. Prepare draft for management to review. Note any remediation areas.|
|Hands-on work with for COSO 2013: Financial Reporting Controls||Update Financial Reporting required documentation using our best practice templates. Prepare draft for management to review. Note any remediation areas.|
|Conclusion and Wrap-up||Overview of work completed, next steps and questions and answers.|
WORKSHOP BENEFITS ARE:
• Protect your CEO and CFO from unnecessary risk by converting to COSO 2013 by year end
• One hour one on one consultation prior to the workshop with our expert instructors
• Receive and learn to use best practice templates for COSO 2013 conversion
• Low cost and no hassle with no travel expenses or arrangements
• Limited number of attendees to assure personal attention Continuing Professional Education (CPD/CPE) certificate